Planners: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

I have been trying this organization thing to help you out and me out. We can do it...right? 
First things: what kind of planner is for me??


Electronic Planners/Apps:



There are so many planner/calendar apps out there it's hard to figure out what's good for you.

One thing I need to make clear is that they are extremely versatile and convenient. There are so many different kinds that you're bound to find a great one. If you're planner/calendar is electronic/on your phone you don't have to worry about taking it everywhere. Your phone is already with you. It can be easier to just jot down events as they present themselves to you. You can also share your events in most cases, so planning an event (like a graduation party) becomes no big deal since most of your guests will be able see the event in email/text/in the same app. 

The flaw I found with all calendar apps is the fact that the reminder system may not work or the app may crash with updates, don't worry though since they are electronic it makes it easier for developers to fix the problems. Don't get discouraged




Paper Planners:


My absolute favorite, I forget things unless I write it down. And then it's downhill. The paper planner gives you the ability to really see all you're supposed to do, it can show you tasks that you have to complete, the ones you have to do in advance and can make life easier. 
The downside? Space. Convenience. Time. 
Sometimes the planner isn't big enough for all the things you have to do, it's almost too small (maybe that's a sign that you're doing too much or maybe the planner just really isn't big enough).
With a paper planner it's all about having a big enough purse to carry your planner. You have to make sure you're able to pull out your planner and write down to-do's that come up or things you can't forget. The worst part is if you lose it. You're life may seem like it's over. 
The time it takes to write down an entry in your planner varies from person to person, for me it takes time to choose the right pen. Another thing is it takes time to find the perfect planner, how do you have it organized?

All in all the fight will continue between those who love apps and those who are a bit "old fashioned." These are both great options, and for the working  woman the right planner is the difference between being on time and being late. Do what I did experiment, figure out what works for you. Because in the end the person that will help you the most is you. 

Well what did I choose?

I am a junkie for apps, yes I admit, I have a billion apps. But the system that has me the most productive and the most reliable is the "old fashioned" planner. I made one for me. And it works. Yes there are flaws to the paper planner system, but when I forget to bring my planner I always have my Calendar on my phone to jot things down quickly. 

Why does it appeal to me? Well I am extremely forgetful and the only way I can remember something is if I write it down. If I forget my planner, before I go to bed at night I check my phone for any events that I planned out and I write them in my planner. It's not hard to stay organized. The trick is making it a habit. And I am here to help you make the habit of planning in advance.

Have a wonderful Friday, Enjoy Your Weekend and Stay Safe.
Feel free to email me at kaylareid101@gmail.com
Or send me a tweet @StyleAndTruth






Comments

Popular Posts